Monday 4 February 2013

January - my first month of the Project!

The January challenge was a fairly easy affair with a heavy schedule at the cinema, and a couple of films at the local horror festival; Grimmfest. A number of the unlimited films populated some of the personal challenges as well, so in all it was a good month for most, well three of us.
Myself, Martin and Steve all managed the January challenge, Martin completing his 20th film on the last night of the month, with the infamous Movie 43!

Personally for me it's proved an excellent way for me to manage what I watch. Allowing me to view a broader spectrum of films; which is exactly what I wanted the project to achieve. I watched a number of superb documentaries, a couple of "classic" films and some not so good films, but then again that's always going to happen.

What I've also enjoyed is the planning, believe me; it's not that easy; it's now a case of can I save that film for this challenge or next month or the month after that?
But I've watched a fair few films from TV as well, yes my collection may be big but I still manage to miss things. Like Fracture with Ryan Gosling or Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks, and I thoroughly enjoyed  both of them.

So as to my top 5 films of January at the cinema are they were:


Django Unchained I had to see twice, it was so good, also the soundtrack is superb.



The worst two films:

Movie 43 was possible the worst film I have seen in 5 years, even Texas Chainsaw was better; and that's saying something.

Anyway I reckon not much this year will be worse than these two, but you never know.




So the February challenge is "The Romance of it all" , 14 romance films. Sounds easy but I also need to add a couple of personal challenge films in as well, once it starts to slip it could get quite difficult!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first month of the project! My favourite movie from January would have to be Zero Dark Thirty! Great performance from Jessica Chastain and an incredible soundtrack - the final mission was so tense! I only managed 10 films on my Cineworld card in January, but I'm hoping to do better over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete