Tuesday 1 January 2013

I'm ready !!!

2013 is a big film year for me. At the end of 2012 I signed on for an Unlimited Card at Cineworld so I could get back into watching films, a habit I broke after the birth of my son in 2007. I've missed a lot of films in the last few years and want to catch up on those I've missed, as well as stop that list getting bigger.

So I got my card on Nov. 25th and in a month had seen 10 films at the cinema, more than the rest of the year. As well as a few I knew I wanted to see (Hobbit) I also got to see some films I doubt I would have gone to see, and really enjoyed (End of Watch, Sightseers, Life of Pi)

Now we have set the Film Project 2013 up, this is designed not to force viewings, but encourage them, help us have an idea what to watch when we are sat there with nothing better to do (and avoid watching Serenity for the 30th time)

The idea is that we encourage each other to watch new films and new genres, and also keep going on the challenges and the lists. We have the monthly theme challenges, the quests (which we will do 2 each through the year) and of course our 12 degrees of film challenge (all detailed in the blog)

We will use Letterboxd to track our challenges, viewings and overall progress as well as all the films we view in 2013.

Whilst I will be aiming to view a huge and diverse selection of films over 2013, I still have some films that are top of my list for the year, and I have massive hopes for. Here's a few of them:

















No comments:

Post a Comment